May is Mental Health Month! The ARDX Foundation is highlighting #Tools2Thrive – what individuals can do daily to prioritize their mental health, build resiliency in the face of trauma and obstacles, support those who are struggling, and work towards a path of recovery.
One of the easiest tools anyone can use is taking a mental health screen at mhascreening.org when they need answers. It’s a quick, free, and private way for people to assess their mental health and recognize signs of mental health problems.
- Mental health is essential to everyone’s overall health and wellbeing, and mental illnesses are common and treatable.
- While 1 in 5 people will experience a mental illness during their lifetime, everyone faces challenges in life that can impact their mental health.
- There are practical tools that everyone can use to improve their mental health and increase resiliency regardless of the situations they are dealing with.
- It’s important to recognize your emotions and own your feelings, work to find the positive even when facing adversity or loss, reach out and try to connect with others, remove those people in your life who are bringing you down, and create healthy routines to take care of yourself.
- There are ways that everyone can be supportive of friends, family, and co-workers who are struggling with life’s challenges or their mental health.
- One way to check in on yourself is to take a mental health screen at mhascreening.org. It’s a quick, free tool for you to use.
For each of us, the tools we use to keep us mentally healthy will be unique. But the ARDX Foundation wants everyone to know that mental illnesses are real, and recovery is possible. Finding what work for you may not be easy but can be achieved by gradually making small changes and building on those successes. By developing your own #Tools2Thrive, it is possible to find balance between work and play, the ups and downs of life, and physical health and mental health – and set yourself on the path to recovery.
Click here for free Mental Health Screenings » https://mhanational.org/millioninmay