CAREGIVER SUPPORT TRAINING SESSIONS
UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORTING FAMILY CAREGIVERS
ARDX Foundation in partnership with Caregiver Action Network (CAN), the nation’s leading family caregiver organization working to improve the quality of life for the more than 90 million Americans who care for loved ones, will offer a 3-hour training session on understanding and supporting family caregivers. The Caregiver Support Training Sessions are ideal for participants who:
- Just realized they are a family caregiver
- Have been a family caregiver for years
- Are a family caregiver, even though they don’t live near their loved one
- Balancing their career and being a full-time caregiver
During this 3-hour training, the presentation will be divided into 4 sections with quality time for questions and answers.
- “I Felt” Exercise. During this exercise, participants will learn that they are not alone.
- Basic Tools. Participants will review the 10 Tips for Family Caregivers which include; seeking support, taking care of self, accept offers of help, communications with the medical team, exploring new technologies, signs of depression, taking respite breaks, organize information, legal documentation, and giving yourself credit for taking on this role.
- Establish Patient and Family-Centered Goals. Participants will learn how to include the patient’s voice when establishing goals.
- Create a Shared/Holistic Family Plan with Next Steps for Implementation. Participants will walk away understanding they are not alone. They will be able to ask questions and get advice from leaders in this field, and they will leave with a holistic plan for themselves and their loved ones.