Internship Job Description
Job Title: Program Administration Intern
Reports To: Program Manager
Hours: Part Time (15-20 hours/week)
Location: ARDX | 1800 Lake Wright Dr. Norfolk, VA
Start Date: 2/1/2020 | End Date: 12/18/2020
Summary of Position
The ARDX Foundation is seeking a passionate, self-motivated, intern looking to develop skills in non-profit program management. The Program Administration Intern position will provide support to the Program Manager for all aspects of the ARDX Foundation Programming. The Intern will gain exposure to the inner workings of a non-profit organization by receiving real world experience, learning project management and customer service skills while giving back to our community. He or she will assist with administration and logistics of everyday programming.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- • Assist with managing communication with program providers and other partners
- • Verify accuracy or program logistics and enter information into database
- • Assist with coordination and planning of meetings and orientations
- • Support Project Manager in maintaining professional relationships with partners
- • Support Project Manager with special initiatives, events and recruitment needs as assigned
- • Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education institution, and in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- • Must have independent transportation to and from intern locations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- • Proficient in Microsoft software; excellent familiarity with Excel
- • Capability to succeed while working either independently or in collaborative settings
- • Problem solving abilities and analytical skills
- • Organizational skills
- • Oral and written communication skills
- • Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and provide effective follow-up with staff
The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job.
- • Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally.
- • Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
All individuals shall be afforded an equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com